Hitting the road in an RV is a wonderful experience. You get all the sights of a road trip with the comfort and conveniences of home. Whether you’re traversing the roadways of classic Route 66 on your way through the American Southwest or on your way to do some national park RV camping in Salt Lake City, UT, there’s no better way to travel than by RV.
Before you pull onto the highway and start logging miles, make sure you’re packing all the right things. There are some important essentials you shouldn’t leave home without—especially if you’re traveling by RV. In addition to clothes, toiletries and emergency supplies, here’s a quick list of oft-forgotten, must-have items for RV camping in Salt Lake City, UT:
- It may seem silly, but a simple tarp can go a long way in a pinch. Tarps are great for makeshift shelter in a rainstorm, covering equipment and supplies outdoors and using as a general staging area for your camping supplies.
- Your RV is a big rolling source of power, so don’t forget to bring your smartphone chargers and other chargeable devices. For example, you may want to bring a spare camera battery or a charger for your drone if you’re planning on photographing the bounty of an iconic national park.
- Trouble out on the road isn’t something anyone wants to deal with. If you’re stuck in a roadside situation, you’ll be glad you packed a toolbox! Having the equipment you need to change a tire, tinker with the radiator or secure a tow-behind is important.
- No matter where you’re camping, cleanliness is critical. As the old saying goes “leave the place better than when you found it.” To that end, pack trash bags and make sure to clean up after yourself as you set up and take down camp.
- We live in the age of technology, but dead zones and interrupted signal areas still exist. If you hit one of these on the road, no GPS is going to save you! Make sure you have a handy regional map packed. It should have clearly-marked roadways and interstates, as well as elevation, terrain and easements, like access roads.
- These are likely part of your emergency bag, but in the event they’re not, make sure you have road flares, cones and flashlights handy. Even if you’re not in a roadside jam, the cones and flashlights can be useful when RV camping in Salt Lake City, UT!
- The days of having a pocket knife on your person are all but gone. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t bring one with you on your RV journey, though! A simple knife can be useful for cutting open packaging, working at your campsite and stripping wet brush for a fire.
Of course, this list is far from complete. In addition to these items you’ll want to pack a slew of camping supplies and gear, foodstuffs, personal items and foraging items—everything from binoculars to an inflatable raft, depending on where you’re headed! For starters, pack everything listed above alongside your essentials and make sure you check and double-check before departing on your journey for national park RV camping in Salt Lake City, UT.
Categorised in: Uncategorized