If your interests include dinosaurs, you can dig in at Dinosaur National Monument. Spend a few days enjoying Dinosaur National Monument RV camping in Salt Lake City, UT and take in the incredible site!
During your time there, don’t miss these must-see spots. If fossils are your passion, allow plenty of time to take in the many exhibits and natural wonders that make up this monument:
- The Quarry: The Quarry Exhibit Hall is located over the Carnegie Dinosaur Quarry. Here, you can check out 1,500 fossils. You can visit the exhibit year-round, but be sure to go to the Utah side if you want to see dinosaur fossils. Don’t miss the Quarry Visitor Center, either, which includes great exhibits on paleontology and a bookstore stocked with rich resources.
- Fossil Discovery Trail: From the visitor center, take this trail to explore the fossil-filled area. For a truly unique experience, choose an interpretive hike that is led by a ranger. You’ll learn amazing things about your surroundings, dinosaurs, fossils and more.
- Petroglyphs and pictographs: At Dinosaur National Monument, you’ll see myriad petroglyphs and pictographs. Petroglyphs are rock images created with a tool, and pictographs are formations made with pigments. The amazing shapes and colors abound in and around this area. Take a hike or a drive to take them all in.
- Day hikes: If you’re up for more than a quick hike around the fossils, consider a day hike through the back country. Potential hikes include the Sound of Silence Trail, the Desert Voices Trail and the Fossil Discovery Trail. Pick up a hiking guide at the visitor center, then go exploring.
- Scenic drives: If hiking isn’t on your agenda, you can still take in many of the incredible sites of this area. Sit comfortably in your vehicle as you explore one of the many scenic byways. Drive Rainbow Park Road to see the McKee Springs petroglyphs and the petrified sand dunes. To explore aspen groves, canyons and a fish hatchery, take the Jones Hole Scenic Backway.
- Rafting: If you decide you’ve seen enough fossils and are ready for a change of scenery, the area offers great whitewater rafting adventures. Rapids range from class one to class three. Various difficulty levels are available with routes that will take you on different sides of the Monument. Pick your experience level and set out for a memorable river trip through Dinosaur National Monument.
- Camping: Where should you stay when you visit this area? Dinosaur National Monument RV camping in Salt Lake City, UT is perfect for your trip to see the fossils. Convenient, comfortable and affordable, these accommodations will make your trip manageable and fun.
Endless options for adventure
Kellville Vans is your go-to source for Dinosaur National Monument RV camping in Salt Lake City, UT. One of our well-equipped campers will ensure your adventure is convenient and comfortable. Contact us today to start your adventure. Before you know it, you’ll be gazing at fossils, interpreting petroglyphs and navigating the river waters, creating memories to last a lifetime.
Categorised in: National Parks